Dog Licenses

Dog Licenses are due January 1 of each year. The license fee for dogs that are not neutered or spayed is $17 and $14 for dogs hat are neutered or spayed.

A $10 (per dog) late fee is assessed after April 1. Proof of rabies vaccination must be presented with license application.  Click here to download the Dog License application.  


Liquor / Beer / Wine License

Class A Liquor/Beer Licenses are issued for sales of beer/liquor for off-premise consumption only. This license expire annually on June 30. 

Class B Liquor/Beer Licenses are issued for sales of beer/liquor for on-premise consumption.  This license expire annually on June 30. 

Class C Wine Licenses are issued to restaurants for on-premise consumption.  This license expire annually on June 30.

If you are looking to open a restaurant click here to download the New Business Application Packet, which gives a step-by-step process of how to obtain a liquor license.  
  The City of Delafield has zero regular full liquor licenses left.  

Operator / Bartenders License

Operators Licenses are commonly called Bartenders Licenses.  A Bartenders License is required for anyone serving and/or selling beer, wine and/or liquor, whether it's in a restaurant, bar, gas station or grocery store.

Click here to download the Bartenders License Application. 

When submitting your completed application:
  • Be sure to sign it in front of one of the notaries in the Clerk's Office.
  • Bring $30 in cash or a $30 check. 
  • A copy of your Driver's License.
  • Your Responsible Beverage Server Training Course Certificate of Completion, taken within the last two (2) years.  (If you do not have a current license in another municipality and have not taken this class in the last two years,you must retake it)
  • The employer verification form.  
Once all of your documents are submitted to the Clerk's Office, we send your application to the Police Department for a background check.  If the background check comes back clear the Clerk's Office will process your Bartenders License.  If the background check yields results it will be up to the Police Chief to determine if the Bartenders License should be approved or denied.   

Picnic (Temporary Beer/Wine) License

Temporary Class B (Picnic) Licenses are short term licenses issued to bona fide clubs, county, local fairs, churches, lodges or societies that have been in existence for at least six months and to veteran organizations.  The fee is $10.00.

Cigarette License

Cigarette Licenses must be obtained to sell tobacco products over the counter.  The State of Wisconsin no longer allows the sale of tobacco through vending machines.  The fee is $100. This license expires annually on June 30.